Australia Must Quit AUKUS & War Links with US & UK
Through stupidity, fear, racism, greed and ignorance (the mendacious Australian Mainstream media are substantially owned by the US Murdoch empire), Australians via the Liberal Party-National Party Coalition Opposition and Labor Government (aka the Lib-Labs and collectively with 68.0% of the vote) back the serial war criminal US Alliance. However the Greens (12.3% of the vote) want Australia to “renegotiate the US alliance” and to stop Australia wasting hundreds of billions of dollars on US weaponry and US wars.
Summarized below are cogent arguments why Australia should quit its AUKUS (Australia, UK and US) alliance with nuclear terrorist, genocidally racist and serial war criminal America and the UK.
(1) War typically violates International law, and is the penultimate in repugnant racism, with genocide being the ultimate in racism. The UN Charter forbids a party from invading another country except when invited, invaded, or sanctioned by the UN Security Council. The Fourth Geneva Convention demands life-sustaining care for the Occupied by an Occupier “to the fullest extent of the means available to it” (this being grossly violated by the US Alliance).
(2) The US is a horrendous serial invader of other countries. Apart from inevitable border spats, most countries in the world have not invaded other countries. Costa Rica does not even have an army. In stark contrast, the US has invaded 72 countries (52 since WW2), has committed 469 invasions from 1798 onwards, committed 251 invasions since 1991, and has 800 military bases in over 70 countries. The US actively spies on and subverts all countries, including its craven ally Australia.
(3) This century the US has committed $8 trillion to genocidal wars, killing 32 million Muslims abroad through violence and deprivation rather than trying to save the lives of 36 million Americans at home who have died from “life-style choice” and “political choice” reasons. The US (4.3% of the world’s population) presently uses about 25% of the world’s resources. Continuing inaction and worsening climate genocide will kill 10 billion en route to a sustainable population of only 1 billion in 2100.
(4) America has an entrenched culture of lying which occurs in 2 repugnant forms, lying by omission and lying by commission. Lying by omission is far, far worse than lying by commission because the latter at least admits the possibility of public refutation and public debate, subject, of course, in the US and the West to massive censorship by US Government-beholden Mainstream media (see “Manufacturing Consent” by Professors Edward Herman and Noam Chomsky).
(5) Militarist and nuclear terrorist America violates, subverts, dirties and acutely threatens Australia.
(i) Australia was in all post-1950 US Asian wars. As a craven US lackey Australia participated in all post-1950 US Asian wars, atrocities associated with 40 million Asian deaths from violence and war-imposed deprivation. Australian politicians have grossly violated the Fourth Geneva Convention in these wars by resolutely refusing to meet their life-preserving obligations to the Occupied Subjects.
(ii) AUKUS and Australian violation of all Indo-Pacific countries. In the last 80 years as a UK or US lackey Australia has violated every Indo-Pacific country, variously through war, military occupation, overt or covert regime change and as being among world leaders in 16 areas of climate criminality. Thus, for example, Australia with 0.3% of the world’s population has an annual Domestic plus Exported greenhouse gas (GHG) pollution that is 5.4% of the world’s total.
(iii) Australian involvement in US-effected coups. Variously as US or UK lackeys Australians have been involved in the covert removal of 8 governments, namely in Laos (1960), Indonesia (1965), Cambodia (1970), Chile (1973), Australia (1975), Australia (2010), and Fiji (1987, 2000) (the latter 3 coups also involving Apartheid Israel).
(iv) US lackey Australia’s deadly covert operations in neighbouring Indonesia. The most deadly Australia-complicit US engineered coup was that in Australia’s huge neighbour Indonesia in 1965 (1 million deaths), with prior backing of anti-Sukarno Islamist rebels. Avoidable deaths of Indonesians from deprivation under the violent, corrupt and US- and Australia-backed Suharto dictatorship (1965-1999) totalled 33 million. Australia and the US approved the Indonesian takeover of Timor L’Este that resulted in 200,000 deaths, one third of the population.
(v) The US Murdoch media empire dominates Australia. About 70% of Australia’s daily newspaper readership has been captured by the pro-war, anti-science, mendacious and racist US Murdoch media empire which dominates the Australian Mainstream media, including the ABC (Australia’s taxpayer-funded and US-beholden equivalent of the UK BBC). Western democracies have become Corporatocracies and Murdochracies (Big Money buys public perception of reality and votes).
(vi) America spies on, subverts, deceives and betrays Australia. The joint US-Australia electronic spying facility at Pine Gap in Central Asia is crucial for US nuclear war strategy and for targeting deadly and war criminal drone attacks from Africa to Central Asia. It is also able spy on Australians. The Australian Government legislated collection of metadata on all Australians (i.e. who they talk to but not what they say). The US shares raw intelligence on Australians with Apartheid Israel.
(vii) Variously UK-, US-, and Zionist-backed coups and other subversive interventions in Australia: UK-beholden governor removed the NSW Lang Labor Government (1932); UK-, US- and Royal Family-complicit coup removed reformed Whitlam Labor Government (1975); PM Bob Hawke and others as US “assets”; US ambassador attacked Labor leader Mark Latham in elections (2004); US-approved, mining corporation-backed, and pro-Zionist-led coup removed Labor PM Kevin Rudd (2010).
(viii) Submission to American militarism makes Australia complicit in nuclear terrorism and makes Australia a prime early nuclear target in escalating conflict. The AUKUS Alliance arrangement for Australia to buy 6 nuclear-powered submarines for $200 billion for delivery in the 2040s locks Australia long term into US warmongering and nuclear terrorism, and condemns hundreds of thousands of Australians (notably Indigenous Australians) to premature death from imposed poverty due to government fiscal perversion.
(ix) Australia is second only to the US as a supporter of Apartheid Israel and hence the crime of Apartheid. Australia is one of 35 members of the all-European International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA). The IHRA Definition of antisemitism is anti-Jewish anti-Semitic and anti-Arab anti-Semitic (by falsely defaming anti-racist Jews, Palestinians, Arabs and Muslims opposed to Israeli Apartheid and the ongoing Palestinian Genocide), holocaust denying (by ignoring all WW2 holocausts other than the WW2 Jewish Holocaust, and indeed 70 other genocide and holocaust atrocities) and has been condemned by over 40 anti-racist Jewish organizations.
(x) Locked-in support for US militarism and militarist fiscal perversion contributes to 100,000 preventable Australian deaths annually. About 100,000 Australians die preventably each year from “lifestyle choice” and “political choice” reasons (from “obesity” (24,000) to “homicide” (200)), deaths in this carnage totalling 2.1 million since 9/11. Huge expenditure on US wars and US weapons (e.g. $200 billion for 6 nuclear submarines) contributes to this carnage.
(xi) Australia is complicit in horrendous UK and US war crimes, notably in Iraq and Afghanistan. Alleged Australian killing of 39 unarmed Afghan civilians is dwarfed 154,000-fold by 6 million Occupied Afghan deaths from deprivation due to gross violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention by Australian politicians who should be indicted for war crimes before any Australian soldiers. Variously as a UK or US lackey Australia has invaded 85 countries with 30 of these violations being genocidal .
(xii) Blind support for the US has created a contemptible, reality-ignoring, “look-the-other-way” Australian national culture. The US domination of Australia’s Mainstream media and the major parties (the Liberal Party-National Party Coalition and the Labor Party) means that there is a conservative, US-beholden and Zionist-beholden public narrative. Any deviation from the US line (e.g. its present fervent Sinophobia) raises public suspicion of “treason” and “disloyalty”. Any deviation from the Zionist narrative is furiously attacked as “antisemitism” – indeed anti-racist Jews critical of Apartheid Israel are defamed as anti-Semites and as “self-hating Jews”.
(xiii) US lies and terror hysteria impact Australian civil liberties. The 9/11 atrocity (3,000 killed) led to the genocidal US War on Terror associated with 32 million Muslim deaths in 20 US Alliance-invaded countries from violence (5 million) and imposed deprivation (27 million). However the accompanying terror hysteria led to a massive erosion of civil liberties in Western countries, including Australia (zero Islamist terrorism victims in Australia before 2014 and 4 since) e.g. the secret trials of whistle-blowers Witness J and Witness K , the raiding of major news organizations, and the horrendous, US- and Australia-complicit, UK persecution of the world’s most famous journalist, Julian Assange.
(xiv) Zionist- and US-perverted Australia urgently needs de-Nazification by (a) war crimes trials of US lackey politicians who grossly violated the Fourth Geneva Convention in Iraq and Afghanistan (and before trials of any Australian soldiers sent there), (b) massive demilitarization with the army for self-defence and national and regional deployment for “natural” emergencies, (c) cessation of violation of its neighbours, (d) rejection of war and establishment of popular and parliamentary oversight over potential armed conflict, (e) ratification of the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons (TPNW), and (f) consequent dissociation from the nuclear-armed AUKUS and Quad (Japan, Australia and nuclear-armed India and the US).
(6) Leading Australian foreign policy experts have called for an end to Australia’s dangerous subservience to America, notably the Greens, former Coalition PM Malcolm Fraser, former Labor PM Paul Keating, and Professor Stuart Rees (founder of the Sydney Peace Prize, author of “Cruelty or Humanity”).
Dr Gideon Polya taught science students at La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia over 4 decades. He published some 130 works in a 5 decade scientific career, notably a huge pharmacological reference text “Biochemical Targets of Plant Bioactive Compounds”. He has also published “Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950” (2007, 2022) and “Jane Austen and the Black Hole of British History” (1998, 2008). He has recently published “US-imposed Post-9-11 Muslim Holocaust & Muslim Genocide” (2020), and “Climate Crisis, Climate Genocide & Solutions” (2020). For images of Gideon Polya’s huge paintings for the Planet, Peace, Mother and Child see: http://sites.google.com/site/artforpeaceplanetmotherchild/.